1. Service & Care Recommendations
Every Brillier timepiece is designed and manufactured to exceed the highest standards. Unlike most other mechanical objects, a watch operates non-stop. In order to ensure optimal performance and longevity from your timepiece, please review the simple guidelines for care and precautions of your new Brillier timepiece.
Your timepiece is a complex integration of parts and components brought together by skilled craftsmen. There are certain actions or environmental situations that may damage or impede your timepiece’s ability to perform optimally.
– To ensure your Brillier watch provides you with precise timekeeping and optimal service for many years, please take note of these special recommendations:
– Service is required on your Brillier watch every twelve months to inspect and ensure the condition of your gaskets for water resistance and lubricate the moving parts in the movement.
– Magnetic fields: avoid placing your watch on loudspeakers or refrigerators, since they generate powerful magnetic fields.
– Swimming in the sea: always rinse your watch with warm water afterward.
– Shocks: whether thermal or other, avoid them.
– Screw-in crown: screw in the crown carefully to prevent water from penetrating the mechanism.
– Non-screw-in crown: push it back into the neutral position to prevent water from entering the mechanism.
– Cleaning: for metal bracelets and water-resistant cases, use a toothbrush with soapy water to clean and a soft cloth for drying.
– Chemical products: avoid direct contact with solvents, detergents, perfumes, cosmetics, etc., since they may damage the bracelet, case, or gaskets.
– Temperature: avoid exposure to extreme temperatures (greater than 60° C, or 140° F, less than 0° C, or 32° F) or extreme temperature changes.
– Water resistance: a watch’s water resistance cannot be permanently guaranteed. It may be affected by the aging of gaskets or by an accidental shock to the crown. As stipulated in our service instructions, we recommend you have the water-resistance of your watch checked once a year by an approved BRILLIER service agent.
2. Service IntervalsLike any precision instrument, a watch needs regular servicing to ensure that it functions perfectly. As a general rule, a watch should be serviced every year. Mechanical and Quartz movements that are the machines in your watch, have several moving parts which need to be lubricated and checked periodically to ensure perfect time keeping and long life.
3. International Guarantee
Your Brillier Timepiece is guaranteed to be free of any manufacturing defects for a period of 24 months from the date of purchase. You must register your ownership on www.brillier.com/care to validate this guarantee. For service and repair of your timepiece, please send it via US Mail Certified or Registered Mail Insured or by UPS / FedEx, addressed to, ZWG Service Center, 13622 South 155th Street, Gilbert, AZ 85296. Please include your Proof of Purchase and a check or money order for $14.95 made to “Zee’s International Inc ” to cover the cost of handling and return postage. Detailed terms and conditions of the guarantee and care instructions are on our website www.Brillier.com